Wednesday, August 5, 2009

SAYING GOODBYE

Today I said goodbye to one of the sweetest, nicest and most caring woman, I have ever known.  

Grandma Gay will be very missed.
Thankful she didn't have to suffer and that she went so peacefully.

The funeral was so nice.  Morgan's family always does such a nice job at putting things together. They asked me to sing a song she wanted called Going Home.  People say it was nice and I thought I did good. The great grandkids sang Love One Another. That was sooo sweet.  Her life story was given by Morgans cousin Beth and her husband, and that was absolutely wonderful. 

It is nice to remember and learn about her life but sad to say goodbye.  
But I know I will see Grandma Gay again, someday.  (And maybe even she'll thank me for singing her song for her today.)
I know she is in a much nicer place and that she is "Going Home".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so great. I am so sad that I missed it. I am glad it went really well and I am sure you sang beautifully.