Thursday, August 13, 2009

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL 2009




 Lainey started all day Kindergarden and Avery is a big third grader now.
Starting about two weeks ago, Lainey asked ever day when was school going to started.
Then she started asking me what time I was going to wake her up.  She was concerned I wouldn't wake her up in time.  Luckily I remembered to wake them up.  They were so excited, they jumped out of bed and got ready in record time.  (That didn't last long. Today, the second day of school, I had to keep nagging Avery to hurry up.)
Lainy didn't even need me to tell her what to do when she got there.  I think Pre-K helped her out a lot.  She just put her backpack down in her line and went to play on the play ground.  She didn't look back once.  When the bell rang, I wondered what she would do cause I don't remember if I told her to listen for the bell and then line up. But since all the other kids were going to get in line, so did she.  Her teacher was there waiting and she just got in line and went in.  She didn't even know I was still there, until I called her name to say goodbye.  
There was one poor little screaming-crying boy in her class.  The poor dad and the poor teacher.  That is so hard.
Jolie jumped up and down when they finally came home from school.  She missed her sisters soooo much. 

2 comments:

Kelli Brown said...

Love your first day of school pics! Your girls are just beautiful. We sure had a great time having them over last weekend. We need to get them together to play more often.

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures. I am glad they are having fun. It is sad not to see Lainey and Trey together this year. He misses her.