Wednesday, August 26, 2009

THE BEGININGS

11 years ago this month, Morgan picked me up at a bowling alley.  (It was August 13th, 1998, ya I remember the exact day we met.)  I was with two of my friends, and we had heard of this singles ward family home evening, that they go bowling.  That sounded fun, so we decided to go.  One of my friends knew Morgan’s foster brother, so they started bowling right next to our lane.  So this one guy, Morgan, would not stop staring at me.  My friends even commented to me about him.  It was obvious he like my bowling skills, especially from behind.

That night Morgan asked me out on our first date.  We went to the Diamond Backs game.  We shared a super large nacho and a super large Dr. Pepper.  A match made in heaven.  I knew from the first date that Morgan was super special.  I just wanted to hold his hand and walk right next to him the whole time.  But I didn’t cause that would have been weird on the first date.

We saw each other almost every day for the next couple weeks.  I took him two weeks to kiss me.  I finally had to ask him if he wanted to.  He kisses great by the way.

We were engaged two months later and were married four months after that. 
I am the luckiest lady alive.  Morgan is just perfect for me.  He makes me so happy every day.  He still makes butterflies in my stomach when I see him.  I love how he is with my girls. They love him so much.  I love his hands and his legs, and his eyes and his lips. 

He will probably never even read this, cause he really doesn’t care what I put on this family blog. But if he ever does, I love you Morgan and I always will.

5 comments:

Tia said...

that last comment made me laugh - so tim

The Glenns said...

He probably reads more than you know.

Kelli Brown said...

We are lucky girls, we Brown wives. Good men. Good dads. Great mates. Thanks for having the girls over to play today, too. They had a blast, as always. We can't wait to see you next weekend!

Anonymous said...

Hey, this Stoker wife is pretty lucky too! :) I am glad you guys met and you are my SIL! You are just awesome! I think Morgan is a pretty cool guy too. You should've mentioned what happened with his eye on your date...did he end up meeting your dad when he was all mangled up? Can't remember.

Monica said...

I am so glad that you met!