Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday


            Well today started off early.  Woke up at 5:00am to get the good deals at ToysRUs.  I have never shopped on “Black Friday” before.  I do not like crowds or lines.  But I couldn’t pass up all those 50-60%off deals.  I got there about 5:30 and the line was down around the whole outside of the store.  I almost turned around and went back to bed.  But I thought - I’m already up and here, so I got out and stood and waited.  It was crazy. I had cut out of the ToysRUs add exactly what I was getting, but even that didn’t help me find them in that huge store full of  crazy people.  I probably asked store people at least 10 times where certain toys were.  Most of the time they didn’t know.  They’re dumb.  You would think they would have all the registers open, but no.  The line to check out was winding  around the whole inside of the store.  So I stood and waited there too, but in the end I saved over $100, so I guess it was worth it.

            Then we had a little baby shower for my sister-in-law. Jennifer is my oldest brothers wife, pregnant with their first baby, a girl.  She is due in February. We went to Crackers.  My mom, two sisters and two sister-in-laws were there along with three of her close friends.  She use to live here and was a band teacher.  We really love her and she and my brother are super happy.  They are here from Omaha for Thanksgiving. 

            One of her good friends, her name is Libby,  happens to be Stephanie Meyers sister in law. Her husband is Stephanie’s brother. For those of you who don’t know who Stephanie Meyers is she is the author of the Twilight series and movie.  We got to hear all about the Twilight movie premiere that she got to go too.  Stephanie got to bring her parents and her brother and wife. Libby told us about seeing all the characters.  She said she was sitting right behind Edward during the movie.  She said Bella was  super weird.  And Jacob was super good looking.  The girl who played Rosalee only got the part cause her dad was dating someone in production.  But her favorite part was meeting the creator of Seinfeld. 

            My mom asked about Stephanie and about how wealthy she really is.  Libby just kind of laughed.  So my mom asked so did she get a new house and Libby said she just bought her third house.  And so on.  So she is basically very rich, like a multi-,millionaire.  She also said that Stephanie is taking a year off and not doing anything except spending time with her family.

            I brought my camera to take a picture of us all, but forgot.  I’m sad.  But I did take pictures of Jolie’s snot bubble and snot rocket.

 


Get this off my face mommy.


she is happy when I wiped the snot off.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, that is gross! Not very lady-like Jolie! :)

Rachelle said...

I'm just doing a little blog hopping and I found yours through the Coates and thought I'd say hi. Your girls are super cute! And it's a dang good thing that you weren't at the Toys R' Us by where we live because 2 guys killed each other there this morning. Nice, hugh?
You'll have to check us at drbwfamily.blogspot.com
Take care.