Sunday, March 8, 2009

SWING SET

This is our swing set.  It is not at all like the others you've seen in backyards.  Because it is older than me.  I asked my dad the other day exactly how old it was.  He said they had it made for our family in 1976.  And it has been in the family since.  When me and my siblings were to big for it, my aunt Arlene had it for a while in her back yard.  When her kids were too big for it, luckily, I had a back yard and kids who would love it.  Since it has been so nice out side, I don't think a day has gone  by without my kids going out in the back to play on it.  Sometimes we go out as a family and swing on the glider (that is what we call the big-silver-6-seater thing in the middle.

Here is a bunch of kids swinging.  These are our Flagstaff friends who were over last month for a get together.  The only problem with it is, you have to watch the very little ones around it, cause if they walk by too close to the swinging glider, it a concussion for sure.  

Oh, and it can't fit "everybody". Notice Lainey off to the side. She couldn't fit I guess.

This is what broke my camera.  I think it was trying too hard to focus on the swinging and couldn't handle it.  No more pictures for that day  :(
I told the girls what I use to do with the swings when I was their age.  We would make a double decker swing.  So they had to try it.  It is their favorite thing to do now.

1 comment:

meghannamarie said...

How fun, I was born in 1976, so it can't be that old...maybe I am just kidding myself. Anyway the swing set looks like a hit, my kids neve played on ours while it was still able to swing now they play with all the broken parts. That's not dangerous at all!